Sometime you want to securely authenticate and identify your devices through client certificate authorization.
Kiosk Mode Lockdown’s browser is fully capable of handling this authorization flow starting from Android Lollipop (21) and above.
The following steps are required to properly use the SSL client authentication:
- Generate a PKCS12 Keystore containing a certificate
- (Optional) You may protect your keystore and key with a password
- rename your keystore to “cert.p12”
- upload it to /sdcard/kioskmode/ directory (create it if does not exist)
- Enable the flag within the Content->Security section and eventually set the keystore/alias password.